Grouping Objects in Power Point
PowerPoint Group Objects
How to Group Objects in PowerPoint
Please watch this video for a quick walkthrough of PowerPoint groups. Why and when you may want to use them, how to use them, and key commands for group, ungroup and regroup. Also, what to do when your group button is greyed-out and the key command is not working.
*if using a mac press command instead of control
- control+g = group
- shift+control+g = ungroup
- shift+control+j = regroup
- control+click and drag = duplicate object
- shift+click and drag = move object vertically or horizontally
- holding shift while creating an object creates a square or perfect circle
- holding shift while resizing an object from the corner retains its aspect ratio (ex, keeps a square a square)
- *shift+any arrow key = resize object
- *control+shift+any arrow key = resize object by small increments
Lock Aspect Ratio PowerPoint
*Turn on "lock aspect ratio", found on the formatting pane (not the formatting tab) under shape>options>size.
If you cannot find the formatting pane please watch the associated video above or check out my blog post 3 Things You Should Be Doing as Soon as You Open Powerpoint.
Our post on Customizing Your Powerpoint Workspace covers setting up your Quick Access Toolbar where you will see me clicking the alignment buttons.