Pinning Custom PowerPoint Templates for Quick Access When Creating New Decks
How to Save and Pin PowerPoint Templates for Quick Access when Starting New Presentations
All PowerPoint users
PowerPoint provides a number of default templates which you can utilize when creating a new presentation from scratch, in this tutorial we cover how to add custom templates to that list.
To have a custom PowerPoint template available for immediate use in this list, we need to meet two requirements:
1. Get your template into the correct folder:
- Open the PowerPoint file you wish to use as your template (can be a .pptx or .potx file).
- Go to File > Save As and select the .potx file format, this will automatically save your file as a template in the correct folder
2. Pinning your template file for quick access:
- In PowerPoint, go to File > New
- Click on the button that says Custom
- Click on Custom Office Templates
- Find your template there and click on the pin icon
You May Also Like…
You don’t have to launch Xbox 360 in Europe or tour with rock bands to have a tale worth telling.
The 2 secret powers of the redo shortcut
Part 2 of 2 to making Google Docs look gooooooood