Pinning Custom PowerPoint Templates for Quick Access When Creating New Decks
How to Save and Pin PowerPoint Templates for Quick Access when Starting New Presentations
All PowerPoint users
PowerPoint provides a number of default templates which you can utilize when creating a new presentation from scratch, in this tutorial we cover how to add custom templates to that list.
To have a custom PowerPoint template available for immediate use in this list, we need to meet two requirements:
1. Get your template into the correct folder:
- Open the PowerPoint file you wish to use as your template (can be a .pptx or .potx file).
- Go to File > Save As and select the .potx file format, this will automatically save your file as a template in the correct folder
2. Pinning your template file for quick access:
- In PowerPoint, go to File > New
- Click on the button that says Custom
- Click on Custom Office Templates
- Find your template there and click on the pin icon
You May Also Like…
Flip the Order of Data on a Chart or Graph Axis
Flip an axis without losing data!
Feb 22, 2023Tutorials
Fixing Layouts Without Losing Formatting in PowerPoint
Don't let PowerPoint mess up your formatting
Jan 10, 2023Tutorials
Rich Color Overlays in PowerPoint (That look like the Adobe Multiply Blend Mode)
How to do the Multiply Blend Mode in PowerPoint
Dec 13, 2022Tutorials
Save Selections to be Reselected in PowerPoint
...because grabbing things can get tedious.
Nov 01, 2022Tutorials