This is an episode for: presentation designers or aspiring designers, people that work live events and anyone that enjoys a good interview.
15 slide decks, 2 designers and a couple of days—What is it like to work on-site as a presentation designer??
GhostRanch designer Tamara Jarvi is here to share her experience with us! Tamara recently joined a GhostRanch client at an amazing event to help pull off over a dozen decks she and her team worked on.
From last-minute edits and additions to fonts breaking down from PC to Macs, we discuss what she learned and why this kind of in-person experience is beneficial to any designer.
What’s in the Spice Cabinet?
Tamara’s walkout song??
Tamara’s podcast reccos?
- Think Fast, Talk Smart - conversations on professional life and creativity from Stanford professor Matt Abrahams
- My Favorite Murder - self-explanatory
- The Quickie for Designers - design inspo and insights!
- Scotty Russell - he’s got a podcast too!
Advice for other designers wanting to go on-site?
- “I found that people want to trust you because well, they don't really have time not to. So basically, they want to trust your expertise. So pretty much just show up like the badass that you are and do your best. Give your best answers and it'll go well.”